Saturday, April 30, 2011

Disappointment.

Have you ever had an idea of how things were going to be? Something so tangible and strong that you could feel it, that you could build on it, that you could work towards it and feel it taking shape?

Have you ever had that idea completely shattered in one hard shock?

The world changes, spins, redirects and what do you do? It was only an idea. Something that never was. A story within a story, a dream that will never be. What do you do when you thought knew how the world was, and then it turned out to be completely different.

Thwarted. Prevented. Incorrect.

Part of me howls in rage, part of me just wants to crawl into bed and sleep forever. Part of me wants to run run run until my lungs explode and every step pushes messy wet stumps of pain further and further until I hit oblivion.

I feel certain about so few things, that when I am and it turns out wrong it's a hard blow. And to do what?

Time is a fire that consumes everything, leaving only ash behind. There is nothing to return to, nothing to question, nothing to restore. There is no back, you can never return. Once changed, it remains so forever. I know this. I live this. And yet...

No comments: